Friday, November 17, 2006

The Devil Wears Green Sandals Made From Recycled Hemp

I don't know where I have been, but I just realized the mastermind behind the global warming scare is none other than Satan himself. I'm not talking in the generalized sense that Satan is indirectly behind everything that is not perfectly ordered to the Truth, I'm talking about Karl Rove-like control here.

How can I be so sure? I just heard of the new solution to global warming -- nuclear energy:
Global warming is now advancing so swiftly that only a massive expansion of nuclear power as the world's main energy source can prevent it overwhelming civilisation, the scientist and celebrated Green guru, James Lovelock, says.
I think this guy is right about one thing, nuclear power will end the global warming threat--the fact that the polar icecap may melt by 2050 will be inconsequential if the world is wiped out earlier by the nuclear holocaust that would be called World War III if anyone was left alive to speak of it.

To be fair, this is not an attack on Al Gore, Captain Planet, or any of the hippies that spend their days sitting in dying trees. I don't want to equate Gore with the devil (not in this post, anyway); he is not in league with the prince of darkness, he is merely a tool that is being manipulated. Gore has at least noted the problem:
Gore touched on nuclear power as a palliative for global warming but made it clear that this is at best a partial solution. Nuclear power inevitably raises questions of nuclear arms proliferation, he said.
(Of course, he still said it may be a partial solution). I am all for recycling our newspapers, but I hope we can realize where to draw the line. Once China and North Korea go "eco-friendly" and start building nuclear power plants, we are going to follow:
"For the sake of economic security and national security, the United States of America must aggressively move forward with the construction of nuclear power plants," Bush said. "Other countries are."
The good news is that my cursory internet search suggests that the Greens are not on-board with the nuclear option just yet. Good for them. Unfortunately, the devil has time. Right now, he is probably just slowly drumming up support--a little devilry grassroots-style. And perhaps I am a cynic, but I don't believe that these peoples' reason will win out over time (see stem cells, abortion, etc.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home