Monday, February 12, 2007

The Best Baseball Video Game Ever Made

MVP '07 NCAA Baseball was just released on PS2. Here's what Sports Illustrated had to say about it:
MVP 06 was the best baseball game released last year, and saying that it might be the best baseball video game ever made shouldn't be considered hyperbole. So when MVP 07 hit my grubby hands this week, I was stoked. I convinced my wife I was tired and would be falling asleep on the couch, and once she went off to bed I hopped up, grabbed the game from my bag and fired up my PS2. And for the next few hours, I immersed myself in a haze of peppy fight songs, junior college transfers demanding playing time, the ping of aluminum bats and Rosenblatt Stadium.
Who wouldn't play possum to grab a late night treat like MVP '07?

In case my wife is reading this, I will let them try to explain:
For those of you who aren't gamers, you may think video games by their very definition are soulless; simple burned discs of plastic carrying an endless series of 0's and 1's which somehow translate into a series of images on our TV screens. This is understandable, though video games -- at least the really good ones -- absolutely have something there more than just images and sounds. In my opinion, this is what differentiates ultra-successful games like Grand Theft Auto, Halo and Madden from all the series that imitate them. If you play video games, you probably understand what I'm talking about.
Yes, I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ransom said...

You know I am on Mrs. Qahal's side on this one -- video games are soulless. However, I like to see Qahal happy, and it wouldn't take that much:

MRS.QAHAL, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, JUST LET YOUR HUSBAND GET A PS2!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home