Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Quiz

Three gold stars if you can figure out why this is discriminatory:

A prominent civil rights leader has told the Democratic National Committee that refusing to seat delegates from Florida and Michigan would disenfranchise both states' minority communities.

. . .

Refusing to seat the states' delegations could remind voters of the "sordid history of racially discriminatory primaries," [NAACP Chairman Julian Bond] said.
I could see how this would be a problem if they only ignored the black votes, but they are ignoring the white votes in Michigan and Florida as well. Perhaps my subconscious racism is rearing its ugly head, but I don't see the issue here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Qahal said...

Man, I was really hoping to get three gold stars! I'd have an easier time inventing a teleporter.

Step 1: Go see the new movie Jumper this weekend
Step 2: Come home from theatre and pour a tall glass of scotch

Well, at least its a start. As for the discrimination, I've got nothin'.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home