Thursday, March 29, 2007

Left Behind

Don't get mad at me for this guys. There are some good posts on here and I don't want to obfuscate our most holy mission. In addition, Ransom, I don't want to take your play on delighting us all on the running Evangelical joke. Here is a joke, "A grasshopper walks into a bar and sits down on a stool to order a pint. The bartender says, "Hey, do you know that we have a drink named after you?" The grasshopper, perplexed, says, "You have a drink named 'Kevin?"

That is funny, this is funnier.

So we know about Left Behind and all the junk pop-theo/fiction out there. I am sure that you are like me and think that it is funny in a sort of laugh-at-a-well-meaning-fat-person sort of way. Well, not wanting to miss any commercial goodies, the boys of the series have come out with a game. "Left Behind, Eternal Forces." Awesome! Check leftbehindgames.com for more. Best part, they also had a gamin conference to bring kids in to play.... and witness to each other.

This game in particular is great. Dr. E. Michael Jones says the following: "In the new video game Left Behind: Eternal Forces, born-again Christians in post-apocalypse Manhattan use prayer and song to convert infidels or, if unsuccessful, blow them away with tanks and snipers. Says the reviewer for Focus on the Family: “Eternal Forces is the kind of game that mom and dad can actually play with Junior.”

Wow, another hit Christian video game sure to get kids into Jesus. Lets think of some others.

Well, there was the classic "Exodus." Here is a screenshot:
Who can forget "Bible Buffet"?
And my favorite: "Forgiveness, The First Chapter"

Ransom and Qahal, I now know what I will be getting your children for Christmas, you can thank me later. See you at Willow Creek on Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Qahal said...

Ransom, I can't believe that the Deubster left out the biggest Christian video game of all time. I know you have been busy, but I'm going to wait and let you handle this one.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, Bible Adventures on the Nintendo was a classic, but I don't think that can compare to "Forgiveness, the First Chapter" -- that sounds awesome! Though some strange voice in the back of my head is telling me not to download it illegally and try it out.

I think they should make a game called "Leviticus" but it could get a little graphic - it would probably have to be on the big kid shelf next to Grand Theft Auto.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home